We are so excited to again be hosting our Sanaga-Yong Soirée! Our annual gala helps support the lifelong care we provide our rescued chimpanzees and helps us continue the fight to protect chimpanzees, gorillas and other endangered wildlife living in the forest. Our lifesaving chimpanzee rescue and conservation work is all thanks to you! Together we are making a difference!
Cheatham Hall, World Forestry Center
Saturday, September 17th, 2022
The evening’s festivities will include:
~ An update from Founder & Director Dr. Sheri Speede on our chimps, the sanctuary, and our conservation efforts. A lot has happened in the last two years!
~ Complimentary wine & beer & our no-host Tiki’s Tea Tini Cocktail
~ One of a kind African art, decor & jewelry
~ Silent Auction & Live Auction presented by the dynamic Laura Michalek
~ Delicious vegan & vegetarian dinner & dessert catered by Reedville Catering
~ And an evening with friends committed to saving great apes from extinction!
Ticket Options Include:
Guest Ticket $75
VIP Table for Eight $800
VIP Table for Six $600
Virtual Ticket $35
VIP Tables include:
• Seating close to the stage
• Early check-in beginning at 5:30pm
• Complimentary Sanaga-Yong Specialty Cocktail
• VIP Gift Box for you and each of your guests
Virtual Tickets include:
• Enjoy a live streaming of Director Sheri Speede’s update on our rescued chimpanzees, sanctuary, & efforts to protect endangered great apes & preserve the forest
• A complimentary Tiki Tea Tini Cocktail kit
• Online access to our Live Auction items to place bids Thurs, Sept 8th through Thurs, Sept 15th. And to donate to our Virtual Guest Kick-Off! Total donated funds will be announced to kick-off bidding for our Fund-a-Need portion of the evening!
• “Front row seating” for the gala via our private Zoom party
Precautions we are taking given the Covid variants: We ask that our in person guests please be vaccinated. Our Sanaga-Yong staff and volunteers, and the World Forestry Center and catering staff are also vaccinated. As a safety measure, the HVAC system in Cheatham Hall has been recently updated. And weather permitting, we hope to host our social hour on the patio and keep the doors open to allow for greater air flow.
Other Ways to Help!
Unable to attend, but still wish to make a difference for our rescued chimpanzees and those we are dedicated to protecting? You can still participate and make a meaningful difference on September 17th!
- Donate to our Matching Grant to help double donations made during our Fund-a-Need portion of the evening.
Please contact email@example.com for further information. Thank you!
Cheatham Hall is located at SW Knights Blvd, Portland, OR 97221. Opposite the Oregon Zoo. The World Forestry Center utilizes Parking Kitty and paid parking is in effect until 8pm. For more information, please visit Map & Directions. Cheatham Hall is located in-between Miller Hall and the Discovery Museum.
THANK YOU TO OUR CONTRIBUTING SPONSORS!